This is a page about the Lewis family, who began farming in Wendell in 1932. The status of this page is IN PROGRESS.
the Lewises bought their farm in 1932, probably from the town, which had taken it for taxes
the previous owner was Cora Hudson, who continued to live for a while in the old district schoolhouse by permission of Ted Lewis’s parents
Ted believes the Hudsons built the house after the big fire that burned much of the western side of town (date not certain)